Thursday, September 3, 2009

Down to the Wire

Well, it is really getting 'down to the wire' as we say here.... my lists of to-do's are growing, just like my teammate, Sandra's... and it is so easy to find a million things that I should 'also' do before leaving.. I need to give up on some of these over-zealous ideas. Bottom line, I have my passport (I understand not all of my teammates do, so fingers crossed for anyone who is still in this tenuous, stress-provoking position!!), my shots and immunization card to prove it, and my ticket (well, it's online!) so really, there is nothing else I absolutely need, I can get it all there.Last night I spent a few hours trying to get any kind of VOIP tool loaded on my boyfriend, Jonathan's, computer- to no avail. Troubles with the OS- so we seem to be at an impasse. Oh well, we can still communicate, it just won't be free, and we won't be able to use the webcam to say 'hi' and see each other. It's only a month- and he's coming over at the end to travel with me, so that will be great! This way I will spend less time talking to people from home, and more time enjoying the experience.... although I might get more homesick if I can't say hi to everyone and hear their voices once in awhile!!

This blog is a great procrastination tool. I'd much rather do this than all of my 'to-do's,' but alas, I should go get at least a few things done!

No comments:

Post a Comment