Friday, September 4, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Well, my bags are packed, although I’m not quite ready to go as I just repacked them b/c I didn’t like how things were shifting around J Yes, I know, it’s a ridiculous manifestation of my nervous energy and adrenalie!I’m almost ready to go… My flight takes off at 4:40 pm today, through Newark, NJ and then onto Mumbai. I am in my final preparation stages (e.g. running around looking at all my 'to-do' lists and realizing what did not get done, trying to triage what needs to be done NOW and what I can do- on the plane, when I arrive, or never!) At least I have my passport and visa, and I know where they are!I have a VERY heavy suitcase (but not over the weight limit!) that is more than half-filled with junk food and gifts for my team and Indian colleagues. And if I can find a small jar of marshmallow "Fluff" before I leave, it will come with me too.. it was invented right down the road from me, in Somerville, so even though I don't eat it, I feel like I should bring some with me if I can. One of my teammates, Miguel, will be on my Newark to Mumbai flight, so we will eat junk food together on the plane and get to know one another! JI also need to get a poppy seed bagel for our coordinator in Mumbai, Kabi. She’s an American, living over there, so I guess this request means I won’t be able to get a bagel for the next 6 weeks. But I will get lots of Naan bread- my favorite!!I’m off for a short run- I figure I’m going to be antsy sitting on the plane for the next day (almost- I arrive at 9 pm local time, which is 11:30 a.m. Eastern US time TOMORROW morning). Get some energy out of my system… then come home, get ready, check into my flight online and pack up the laptop! This will be my last entry from the United States! Wow. That’s kind of overwhelming, but really awesome to think about!


So...on my run.. I saw a sign for flu shots, and ran in to the pharmacy to get one, as I hadn't been able to at the travel clinic previously. So that's checked off my list now!

No "Fluff" to be found, however.. I guess my teammates will have to come to the US and visit me in order to taste this delicacy!!

1 comment:

  1. i had no idea that fluff was invented in Somerville.
    thanks for the info.
    and good morning as I think it is morning on your side of the world.

    ReplyDelete